Donor Advised Fund Partner Agency Matching Program
Help our Jewish Community Flourish with a Jewish Community Foundation Donor Advised Fund (DAF)
Double your Donations Through our DAF Partner Agency Matching Program
Ours is a community of donors and doers — people passionate about a Greater Washington where Jewish life can thrive across the generations, where we support those in need, and where we work together to strengthen Jewish identity and ties and make Jewish life meaningful and accessible to all.
At the Jewish Community Foundation by The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington, we champion this work. We are here to strengthen and accelerate the philanthropic impact of our community members and offer services and opportunities where donors can come together to multiply the breadth and depth of their contributions.
Now, we invite you to participate in the Jewish Community Foundation’s DAF Partner Agency Matching Program: an opportunity to increase and accelerate communal giving for years to come and infuse our community with the resources vital to a network of strong, innovative Jewish organizations.
Beginning October 2, 2023, when you make a new or an increased donation* of at least $2,500 to a a local Federation partner agency or agencies** of your choice through your Jewish Community Foundation Donor Advised Fund, your gift will be jointly matched by the Foundation and The Jewish Federation.
Together, we can ensure that our local Jewish community continues to thrive, strengthened by organizations that care for those in need and engage people of all ages and life stages in Jewish life.
- The DAF Agency Matching Program is designed to infuse the Greater Washington Jewish community with an additional $2 million over two years, by matching $1 million given by the Jewish Community Foundation and The Jewish Federation with $1 million in charitable donations by community members.
- The first year of our program begins October 2, 2023, with a goal to distribute $1 million in donor and matched funds per year for two years. To qualify for the 2023 match, gifts must be made by June 30, 2024. The 2024 match will begin July 1, 2024.
- *To participate, current Jewish Community Foundation Donor Advised Fund holders must make their charitable contributions to Federation partner agencies through their DAFs. Donors new to the Jewish Community Foundation can participate by opening a DAF with our minimum fund balance of $10,000.
- To qualify for the match, gifts must represent an increase of $2,500-$15,000 over a donor’s previous year’s donation, whether through or outside of a DAF. If no previous gifts were made to a particular agency, Federation and the Foundation will match new gifts between $2,500 and $15,000.
- All Federation local partner agencies serving and located in Greater Washington are eligible for the match, including local Hillels, day schools and youth groups with local programming. Donations must support local programming efforts. National or international partner agencies are not eligible to receive matching funds at this time.
- To ensure equitable distribution of matching funds across organizations of all sizes and missions, matching grants will be capped at $15,000 per donor and $25,000 per agency.
- Bender JCC of Greater Washington
- Capital Camps and Retreat Center
- Charles E. Smith Life Communities
- Edlavitch DCJCC
- Garden of Remembrance
- Jewish Community Relations Council of Greater Washington
- Jewish Council for the Aging
- Makom (formerly Jewish Foundation for Group Homes)
- Lillian and Albert Small Capital Jewish Museum
- Moishe House
- Pozez JCC of Northern Virginia
- Sunflower Bakery and Café
- Tzedek DC
Jewish Day Schools
- Berman Hebrew Academy
- Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School
- Gesher Jewish Day School
- Milton Gottesman Jewish Day School of the Nation’s Capital
- Torah School of Greater Washington
- Yeshiva of Greater Washington
- B’nai Akiva
- Habonim Dror
- National Conference of Synagogue Youth (NCSY)
- North American Federation of Temple Youth
- Tzofim—Israeli Scouts
- United Synagogue Youth (USY)
- American University
- Gallaudet University
- George Mason University
- George Washington University
- Georgetown University
- University of Maryland