Israel YOUR Way
Join us for an information session on Tuesday, March 31. To RSVP, contact Ashley Appelman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-348-7320. Address will be provided upon positive RSVP.
Sunday, April 18 – Sunday, April 25, 2021
Pre-trip to Lisbon, Portugal: April 15 – 18, 2021
(Register by March 4 to enjoy $100 per person off the cost of the trip.)
Immerse yourself in an Israel journey designed to energize, inspire, and nurture your mind, body, and spirit. Explore Israel’s culture, society, innovation, and majesty through the lens that reflects your passions.
2021 Trip Options
SPIRITUAL ISRAEL: HISTORY, FAITH, & GOD (NEW)
Uncover the religious mosaic of our beautiful homeland. Explore the history and sites of the world’s great religions, experience Israel’s diverse population of many faiths, and get to know Israel through a pluralistic, faith-based lens.
TAPESTRY FOR THE SENSES: ARTS, FOOD, & CULTURE
Meet the creative forces behind the arts and culture of Israel to learn how they inspire and impact the world. Experience trailblazing cinema, innovative cuisine, ground-breaking theatre, and more as we weave a tapestry for the senses, from the mainstream to the avant-garde.
ADVANCING ISRAEL: INNOVATION & ENTREPRENEURSHIP
Explore how the start-up spirit has invigorated Israel’s society and economy. Meet the business leaders, young entrepreneurs, and technological pioneers whose innovations are changing the world. Plus, get to know the social entrepreneurs and organizations reshaping the future of philanthropy in Israel.
ISRAEL IN MOTION: OUTDOOR ADVENTURE & ECO-ACTION
Experience Israel’s beautiful outdoors through movement, sport, and physical thrills, and discover the ground-breaking innovations contributing to the creation of a healthier and cleaner world.
BEYOND THE HEADLINES: SOCIETY, POLITICS, & SECURITY
Delve into the social, political, and security issues that have Israelis talking. Meet the experts, activists, and decision-makers – and those impacted by their decisions – as we access Israel from the inside.
Eligibility & Requirements
- Residence in the Greater Washington, DC region.
- Valid passport for a minimum of six months from the start date of the trip (April 18, 2021).
- For those participating in the Israel YOUR Way trip, there is a $1,800 minimum household gift for two consecutive years to The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington’s 2020 and 2021 Annual Campaigns.
- For those participating in the Israel YOUR Way trip and the Lisbon Pre-Trip, there is a $5,000 minimum household gift for two consecutive years to The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington’s 2020 and 2021 Annual Campaigns.
- Initial deposit of $500 per person, non-refundable, non-transferable is due to Da’at at the time of reservation. Final payment is due December 30, 2020.
For questions, please contact Ashley Appelman at email@example.com or 301-348-7320.
Dates: Sunday, April 18-Sunday, April 25, 2021
Program Starts: Monday, April 19 morning
Program Ends: Saturday, April 24 evening
Travel To Israel: Depart US no later than Saturday, April 17
Travel To US: Depart Israel no earlier than Saturday, April 24 evening
Accommodations: 4 nights at Hilton, Tel Aviv (beginning Sunday, April 18) and 3 nights (or 2 nights + late checkout) at David Citadel, Jerusalem
Trip Cost: $5,125 (double occupancy)
Lisbon, Portugal Pre-Trip
Dates: Thursday, April 15-Sunday, April 18, 2021
Program Starts: Thursday, April 15 early afternoon
Program End: Sunday, April 18 with group flight to Tel Aviv (included/booked by Da’at)
Travel To Lisbon: Depart US no later than Wednesday, April 14
Accommodations: 3 nights at Porto Bay Liberdade
Trip Cost: $2,995 (double occupancy)
This year we are offering supplemental add-ons for those interested in participating which can be reserved at the time of registration (there is still only a $500 deposit required at this time).
- Iftar Dinner on Thursday, April 22, 2021 $95/person – Ramadan is for Muslims a month of dawn to dusk fasting. But each evening, families and communities gather together to break the fast with the traditional Iftar meal. Join an Israeli Arab family in their home for dinner, to learn about their lives and to get some local culinary secrets.
- Masada Day on Sunday, April 25, 2021 $265/person – Descend to the Dead Sea basin and ascend by cable-car or walk up the Snake Path to Masada, Herod’s mountain palace and the site of the Jewish Zealots’ last stand against the Roman legionnaires. Float in the Dead Sea, use the spa facilities of the Crowne Plaza Dead Sea Hotel and enjoy a sumptuous buffet lunch.
Sunday, April 18: Arrive in Tel Aviv by this day.
Monday, April 19: Opening breakfast. Track day one. Welcome dinner.
Tuesday, April 20: Track day two. Free night in Tel Aviv.
Wednesday, April 21: Activity options in Tel Aviv. Wednesday night event.
Thursday, April 22: Track day three. Free night in Jerusalem OR Iftar dinner option with Arab Israelis.
Friday, April 23: Morning activity options. Kabbalat Shabbat. Group Shabbat dinner.
Saturday, April 24: Morning activity options. Closing speaker and discussions. Havdallah and light dinner at hotel.
Sunday, April 25: Optional Add-On First Timers Excursion to Masada/Dead Sea.
Trip costs include tour educators, luxury tour buses, site entrance and program fees, and most meals.
Discounts are available for those age 34 and under at time of travel, return travelers and registrations completed by March 4, 2020.
Contact Ashley Appelman for details.
Israel YOUR Way 2021 Leadership (to date)
Bruce & Karen Levenson
Pre-Trip to Lisbon Co-Chairs
Howard & Diane Schilit
First Timers Excursion Co-Chairs
Dahn & Mike Burke
Israel in Motion: Outdoor Adventure & Eco-Action Track Co-Chairs
Helene Glick, Max Sandler, and Stuart Tauber
Advancing Israel: Innovation & Entrepreneurship Track Co-Chairs
Jeff Kupfer and Julie Polinger Friedlis
Tapestry for the Senses: Arts, Food & Culture Track Co-Chairs
Andy Meyrowitz and Sue-Ann Siegel
Spiritual Israel: History, Faith, & God Track Chair
Grace Aduroja and Brian Levenson
Beyond the Headlines: Politics & Security Track Chair