Swords of Iron Grants
On October 7th, 2023, the terror organization Hamas launched a deadly attack on Israel, killing 1,400 Israelis and abducting more than 200.
During these challenging times, we wish to extend our support to local Jewish organizations by offering grants of up to $1,500 as they organize events and educational programs with the goal of fostering unity and support for Israel, as well as learning and engagement opportunities.
Below, please find Federation’s application process, eligibility criteria, grant types, and deadlines to apply for the Iron Swards grants.
Questions? Contact Hagai Dagan Schlachter at [email protected].
Please note: The grants process will be digital. No paper submissions will be accepted.
- Grant applications will be open and funding will be available on a rolling basis from October 25th, 2023 until June 1st, 2024, or until funds are depleted.
- Grant status will be communicated within a week following submitted application. Awarded grants will require a signed funding agreement to begin the payment process.
- Program evaluation forms are due within a week from the completion of the program.
- Grant payments will be disbursed within 6 weeks after the submission of the evaluation form to organizations that have met all grant criteria outlined on the application.
- To allow for equal opportunity to Israel resources across the community, synagogues who receive support through Federation’s Community Shlichim Program may submit grant applications beginning February 15th.
- One grant will be awarded per organization. Before submitting your application, please confer with your professional team to ensure your submission is comprehensive.
- Multi-organization partnerships are welcome and encouraged! Consider submitting joint applications for programming designed to engage broad swaths of our community.
To qualify for support, grant applications must meet the following criteria:
- Program must generate opportunities for community members to engage in purposeful and meaningful connection to Israel.
- The program must be open to the public and contain an educational or cultural component.
- The program must be in person.
- All program materials, including promotions, swag, advertising, social media content, resources, and other collateral, must be branded with Federation’s logo. A digital toolkit will be available to all grantees, as well as support/marketing consultation.
- Funds must be used to enhance your programs, not as a substitute for resources in your core operating budget.
- A participants post-program survey provided by or conducted in partnership with Federation must be shared with participants.
- A post-program evaluation form provided by Federation must be filled by the program coordinator.
Note: The application requires the estimated cost of your offerings, which will help inform the awarded grant amount. The amount granted can be up to 50% of the total cost.
- Type A: Single organizations can receive up to $1,000.
- Type B: Partnership between 2 organizations and more can receive up to $1,500.
- October 25, 2023: Grant applications open
- February 15, 2024 : Grant applications open for organizations supported through Federation’s Community Shlichim Program
- October 25, 2023 – June 2024: Grant review process and [rolling] approval notification s
- June 1, 2024: Grant applications close (or as long as funds are available) at 5:00 PM
- June 30, 2024: All programs have concluded
- July 2024 (latest): Program evaluation form is due within a week of the program’s completion.
- September 2024: Last payment of grant