09 October 2023
At the time of this message, Israel is in its third day of war. Thousands of Israelis are dead or wounded, and more than 130 kidnapped or missing. The trauma of this moment is unlike any previously seen in Israel.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington stands in solidarity with Israel and is coordinating with our partners in the region to provide real-time humanitarian assistance, as we have for decades and during every conflict.
While the needs continue to evolve, your support is already ensuring the people of Israel can receive:
- Financial aid to address the immediate needs of terror victims – individuals and families who must now repair their homes or automobiles, cover supplemental medical payments, pay for funeral costs, and more.
- Access to temporary housing for those displaced due to the conflict.
- Long-term support and services to help terror victims access psychological counseling, job retraining, and more.
- Access to remote trauma services, including therapist hotlines for those who cannot leave their homes due to the current security situation.
- Trauma training for first responders, teachers, emergency volunteer teams, and others operating on the front lines of this crisis.
- The operation of 12 resilience centers across Israel focused on supporting the rapid recovery of individuals and their communities, while strengthening national resilience.
We are grateful to our partners on the ground, including The Jewish Agency for Israel, the Israel Trauma Coalition, JDC, World ORT, and more for their lifesaving and life-changing work during this crisis, as well as to the hundreds of Greater Washington community members who have already donated to our Israel Crisis Fund.
Thank you for standing together to support our friends and family in Israel.