10 October 2018
- 3 red bell peppers
- 2 onions
- 4 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon, plus extra pinch of kosher salt
- 4 – 6 scallions (green onions)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- ½ lemon
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Core, seed, and chop red bell peppers; chop onions. Thinly slice
garlic cloves and a bunch of scallions on the bias.
- Sauté peppers with kosher salt and canola oil in a large skillet until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the onions and garlic. Cook until the onions are translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Fold in cherry tomatoes. Add smoked paprika and ground coriander, and toast the spices for about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the sliced scallions. Add a pinch of salt, a squeeze of lemon juice, and a drizzle of olive oil to taste.
- Serve at room temperature or cold. Enjoy as a side dish or with pita bread.
Turkish Salad recipe from Israeli Soul by Michael Solomonov and Steven Cook. Copyright © 2018 by Gafen, Inc. Photography by Michael Persico. Copyright © 2018 by Michael Persico. Used by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.