Sara & Samuel J. Lessans Good Deeds Day
Join the Global Movement!
On Sunday, April 7, 2019, join us for the annual Sara & Samuel J. Lessans Good Deeds Day,
along with hundreds of thousands of volunteers from around the globe for a day of giving back.
Be a force for GOOD in the world.
For more information, please contact Ruth Lamberty at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good Deeds Day is made possible by Drs. Ellen & Stuart Lessans, in loving memory of Sara & Samuel J. Lessans.
Online registration is now closed, but you can still join us to do good.
Walk-ins Welcome at the following locations and times:
Bender JCC of Greater Washington
1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
6125 Montrose Road
Milton Gottesman Jewish Day School
12:30 p.m. -2:30 p.m.
6045 16th Street NW
Entrance off Fort Stevens Drive
JCC of Northern Virginia
1:00 p.m. -3:00 p.m.
8900 Little River Turnpike
Or connect with our Partner organizations directly to inquire/register for their Good Deeds Day project.
- Adas Israel Congregation
- Agudas Achim Congregation of Northern Virginia
- Aish of Greater Washington
- BBYO-DC Council and Howard County
- Be the Match
- Bender Jewish Community Center of Greater Washington
- Berman Hebrew Academy
- Beth Sholom Congregation
- Bethesda-Chevy Chase Jewish Community Group
- Bikur Cholim of Greater Washington
- B’nai Israel Congregation
- B’nai Shalom of Olney
- Capital Camps
- Capital Jewish Museum
- Charles E Smith Life Communities
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Congregation Adat Reyim
- Congregation Beth El of Montgomery County
- Congregation B’nai Tzedek
- Congregation Har Shalom
- Congregation Har Tzeon-Agudath Achim
- Congregation Olam Tikvah
- Congregation Or Chadash
- Congregation Sha’are Shalom
- DC Central Kitchen (ECDJCC)
- DC Minyan
- Edlavitch DCJCC
- Federation’s Ben Gurion Society
- Federation’s Jewish Food Experience
- Federation’s Women’s Philanthropy, JWRP, and Mitzvah Mavens
- Federation’s Young Leadership
- Friends of the IDF Midatlantic Region
- George Mason Hillel
- Gesher Jewish Day School
- Habonim Dror Camp Moshava
- Israel Forever Foundation
- Israeli American Council
- Israel Scouts
- Jewish Coalition Against Domestic Abuse
- Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia
- Jewish Community Relations Council
- Jewish Council for the Aging
- Jewish Foundation for Group Homes
- Jewish Social Service Agency
- Jewish War Veterans Post 567 (Leisure World)
- Kehilat Pardes
- Kehilat Shalom
- Kemp Mill Synagogue
- Kesher Israel Congregation
- Main Street
- Milton Gottesman Jewish Day School of the Nation’s Capital
- Mishkan Torah
- Moishe House Capitol Hill
- Moishe House Northern Virginia
- Montgomery College
- Ohev Sholom-The National Synagogue
- Ohr Kodesh Congregation
- Oseh Shalom
- PJ Library in Greater Washington
- Project Linus
- Samuel Grompers-Benjamin Franklin Masonic Lodge #45
- Shaare Tefila
- Shaare Torah Congregation
- Tech Cafe
- Temple Beth Ami
- Temple Beth Torah
- Temple B’nai Shalom
- Temple Emanuel
- Temple Sinai
- Tikvat Israel Congregation
- Torah School of Greater Washington
- Tzedek DC
- Young Israel Shomrai Emunah
- Young Judaea
Did you know? As a Greater Washington community member, you are part of the largest Good Deeds Day community partner in North America.
What is Good Deeds Day? Good Deeds Day is an annual, international celebration of Doing Good! Join more than two million volunteers around the world for this day of service.Roll up your sleeves and make an impact through a variety of hands-on volunteer projects.
What types of service projects can I take part in? Whether you want to dance the day away with senior citizens, prepare and serve lunch to the homeless, help unite dogs with their forever homes or even help clean up a local park, your perfect project awaits. Let’s show the international Jewish community Greater Washington’s passion for social action!
What’s the history behind Good Deeds Day? Businesswoman and philanthropist Shari Arison conceptualized the idea for Good Deeds Day, and launched it in 2007 by Ruach Tova (“Good Spirit” in Hebrew), the leading organization in the field of volunteering in Israel. Good Deeds Day celebrates the value and importance of giving back to the community we live in.