Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging Resources
Grounded in the Jewish value that all human beings are created “b’tzelem elohim” (in God’s image), Federation is using our resources, platform, and influence to build a culture of inclusion and belonging and to facilitate anti-racism efforts in Greater Washington.
FEDERATION’S WEBINAR RECORDINGS
Watch the recordings of our Listen, Learn, Create: A Series on Race and Relationships, where community members share their experiences with Jewish life as Black Jews and Jews of Color in Greater Washington.
Watch the recording of community members Kwon Crumble Benowitz, Joseph Levin-Manning, and Deitra Reiser, in conversation with Yolanda Savage-Narva (January 2021)
Watch the recording of community members Tema Smith, Yoshi Silverstein, Rabbi Esther Lederman, in conversation with Yolanda Savage-Narva (April 2021)
Ongoing Learning Opportunities
- An Antiracist Resource List
- Jews, Race, and Religion presented by Penn’s Herbert D. Katz Center for Advanced Judaic Studies and the Center for Jewish Ethics
- Anti-Racism Resources, Jewish Community Relations Council
- Anti-Racism Resources for Families, Federation’s Jconnect
- Anti-Racism Resources, UNC, Chapel Hill
- Anti-Racism Resources, The Women’s Foundation
- Resources for Studying Racism in America