- Visit our website at shalomdc.org, or any website of ours that links to this privacy notice
- Engage with us in other related ways, including any sales, marketing, or events
- phone numbers
- email addresses
- mailing addresses
- job titles
- contact preferences
- billing addresses
- debit/credit card numbers
- Log and Usage Data. Log and usage data is service-related, diagnostic, usage, and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Services and which we record in log files. Depending on how you interact with us, this log data may include your IP address, device information, browser type, and settings and information about your activity in the Services (such as the date/time stamps associated with your usage, pages and files viewed, searches, and other actions you take such as which features you use), device event information (such as system activity, error reports (sometimes called “crash dumps”), and hardware settings).
- Device Data. We collect device data such as information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other device you use to access the Services. Depending on the device used, this device data may include information such as your IP address (or proxy server), device and application identification numbers, location, browser type, hardware model, Internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, operating system, and system configuration information.
- Location Data. We collect location data such as information about your device’s location, which can be either precise or imprecise. How much information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the Services. For example, we may use GPS and other technologies to collect geolocation data that tells us your current location (based on your IP address). You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling your Location setting on your device. However, if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Services.
- To facilitate account creation and authentication and otherwise manage user accounts. We may process your information so you can create and log in to your account, as well as keep your account in working order.
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user. We may process your information to provide you with the requested service.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users. We may process your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the requested service.
- To send administrative information to you. We may process your information to send you details about our products and services, changes to our terms and policies, and other similar information.
- To request feedback. We may process your information when necessary to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Services.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We may process the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt out of our marketing emails at any time. For more information, see “WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?” below).
- To deliver targeted advertising to you. We may process your information to develop and display personalized content and advertising tailored to your interests, location, and more.
- To evaluate and improve our Services, products, marketing, and your experience. We may process your information when we believe it is necessary to identify usage trends, determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and to evaluate and improve our Services, products, marketing, and your experience.
- To determine the effectiveness of our marketing and promotional campaigns. We may process your information to better understand how to provide marketing and promotional campaigns that are most relevant to you.
- If collection is clearly in the interests of an individual and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way
- For investigations and fraud detection and prevention
- For business transactions provided certain conditions are met
- If it is contained in a witness statement and the collection is necessary to assess, process, or settle an insurance claim
- For identifying injured, ill, or deceased persons and communicating with next of kin
- If we have reasonable grounds to believe an individual has been, is, or may be victim of financial abuse
- If it is reasonable to expect collection and use with consent would compromise the availability or the accuracy of the information and the collection is reasonable for purposes related to investigating a breach of an agreement or a contravention of the laws of Canada or a province
- If disclosure is required to comply with a subpoena, warrant, court order, or rules of the court relating to the production of records
- If it was produced by an individual in the course of their employment, business, or profession and the collection is consistent with the purposes for which the information was produced
- If the collection is solely for journalistic, artistic, or literary purposes
- If the information is publicly available and is specified by the regulations
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Log in to your account settings and update your user account.
- Contact us using the contact information provided.
The main purpose of our website is to provide information and services to individuals and to Federation Web sites. Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to protecting it and to making you aware of our online practices regarding the privacy of your information.
Our Web site does not automatically collect any individually identifiable information, such as email addresses, from visitors.
We collect personal information when you provide it in the course of interacting with the site. At the ShalomDC.org site, you may be able to register and create a user profile for courses or events, make use of a career center or volunteer center, subscribe to an email newsletter, sign up for broadcast email, take part in message boards or chat, send greeting cards, participate in polls or surveys, or make a donation. In so doing, you may be asked to provide personally identifiable information such as your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number, credit card information, or information about your interests and activities. When registering on a ShalomDC.org site, we may also ask you to choose a security question to answer (such as your mother’s maiden name or your pet’s name). If you send a greeting card, you must provide the name and e-mail address of the recipient.
If your personal information changes and you wish to update it (such as your address), or if you wish to delete your information, you can make changes to your user profile on the site. If this should prove insufficient, you may contact your local site administrator who will correct, update or remove your personal information as requested.
We also may collect information that is not personally identifiable, such as the type of browser you are using (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using, (e.g., Windows or Mac OS) and the domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g., Comcast, Verizon FIOS). This information is helpful for improving your experience on the Site.
How the information is used:
We may use the information you give us to provide services to you, at your request. We may use it to communicate with you through periodic messages regarding services, events, and other information and notices we believe you may find interesting or useful. We may use it for confirmation of donations, registrations, or other actions you take on our site, and for related customer service needs. We use information you provide about others to enable us to send them your greeting cards. We may share information with unrelated third parties who have a similar mission to the Federation, such as partner agencies, who are offering products or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
If you are a registered user, you may alter your user profile in order to remove your name from our e-mail recipient list.
We may use the information that is not personally identifiable to analyze the design and functioning of our site in order to make site improvements. We may use such information in the aggregate to analyze site usage.
We will disclose personally identifiable information when required to do so by law.
ShalomdDC.org uses appropriate procedures to ensure the security of your personal information and to protect it from unauthorized access. In particular, when we ask you to enter credit card information, we use the top industry standard security protection, including encryption, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) transmission connection, and a secure server for information storage. Encryption keys are secured by GeoTrust. For more information on SSL and web security, see https://www.GeoTrust.com.
While on a secure page, such as our order form, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, as opposed to unlocked, or open, when you are just “surfing.”
We provide links to other Web sites that we believe you will find useful. We ask you to recognize that ShalomDC.org is not responsible in any way for the privacy practices of these other sites.