October 14– November 4, 2018
Travel * Volunteer * Learn * Engage
- passionate about traveling?
- ready to reconnect with Israel?
- eager to make a difference using your personal skills or professional talents?
The Jewish Federation proudly presents Impact Israel: an innovative, first-of-its-kind opportunity exclusively for boomers from across Greater Washington. This Fall, join Federation to immerse yourself in Israel, living like a local while serving the community through hands-on volunteer opportunities.
Designed exclusively for those ages 55+, participants will live and work in the beautiful city of Haifa, applying their talents through tailored volunteer placements at local nonprofit organizations. Impact Israel also offers peer-group learning opportunities from text study to inspiring speakers focused on social change, and site visits throughout Israel to see the life-changing work made possible by Federation donors. Volunteer placements will be arranged by Federation’s Israel-based program partner, Yahel.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, May 1
$2,600 per person for double occupancy. The single supplement is $800. Cost does not include airfare, meals, and insurance. However, meals will be provided on touring days.
Participation in this program requires a $1,000 minimum household gift to The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington’s 2018 Annual Campaign.
Participants are responsible for arranging for their airfare and transportation to be in Tel Aviv at Noon on October 14th, 2018 for the start of the program.
Registration fees for this trip are subsidized thanks to a generous grant from Federation’s United Jewish Endowment Funds Grants Committee.
Deposit Amount: $250
Due upon acceptance to the trip to hold your spot. The deposit will be applied towards your registration fee.
Final Payment Due in Full: Sunday, July 1
- Participant must live in the Greater Washington, DC region.
- Each participant, or at least one participant per couple, must be age 55+.
- Each participant must have a passport valid for a minimum of six months from the start date of the trip (Sunday, October 14).
- Participant is expected to make a $1,000 minimum household gift to the Jewish Federation of Greater Washington’s 2018 Annual Campaign.
- Participant must be in appropriate physical and mental health for international travel, to live independently while abroad, and to work in their volunteer placements 3 days a week.
- Participants should ideally have prior international travel experience.
Yahel was founded in 2009 with the belief that responsible volunteer programs in Israel have the power to transform both individuals and communities. In Hebrew, Yahel means to illuminate. We believe that service learning can connect people, shed light on real life issues, illuminate personal journeys and promote social change.
Yahel’s volunteer programs are grounded in experiential learning and effective social action. Since our first program in fall of 2010, more than 400 participants have served in cities and neighborhoods across the country, and thousands of individuals have benefited from the contribution of our volunteers. The combination of hands on service work along with in-depth learning and immersion in Israeli society defines our programs that range from 2 weeks in length to 9 months, designed for teen, college aged, and adult participants.
Draft itinerary; subject to change and not final.
For more information, contact Naomi Mandel at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-230-7258.
Presented in partnership with Yahel. Made possible thanks to a generous grant from Federation’s United Jewish Endowment Fund.