From a Jewish perspective, we believe that life is sacred and that long life is a blessing. The Federation helps support a network of services to keep seniors active, engaged, and healthy. The Jewish principles of bikur cholim (visiting the sick) and gemilut chasadim (acts of loving-kindness) guide the provision of compassionate, high-quality services to frail older adults.
Federation supports community services designed to meet these needs, including:
• An array of programs to support active, vibrant aging
• Transportation assistance
• A full range of classes exploring the latest in arts, politics, and literature
• Senior lunch programs and recreational activities at designated sites
• Home-delivered kosher meals
• Adult day programs for seniors with cognitive or physical challenges
• An information and referral helpline to connect individuals with services
• Hospice and Pre-Hospice Care
• Geriatric assessments
• In-home support
• Geriatric counseling
Your Federation donation creates a better quality of life, and a more compassionate end of life, for our community’s senior citizens.
Federation supports similar projects in Israel and around the world. For more information about the work your money supports abroad, click here.