REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
Sign up today for hands-on volunteer opportunities for all ages throughout the month of April in Maryland, DC and Virginia.
Join the global movement!
All over the world, millions choose to volunteer and help others, putting into practice the simple idea that every single person can do something good, be it large or small, to improve the lives of others and positively change the world.
For more information, please contact Lauren Kessler at 301-230-7292 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Good Deeds Day is made possible by Drs. Ellen and Stuart Lessans, in loving memory of Sara and Samuel J. Lessans.
The Global Impact:
Did you know? As a Greater Washington community member, you are part of the largest Good Deeds Day community partner in North America.
What is Good Deeds Day? Good Deeds Day is an annual, international celebration of Doing Good! Join more than two million volunteers around the world for this day of service.Roll up your sleeves and make an impact through a variety of hands-on volunteer projects.
What types of service projects can I take part in? Whether you want to dance the day away with senior citizens, prepare and serve lunch to the homeless, help unite dogs with their forever homes or even help clean up a local park, your perfect project awaits. Let’s show the international Jewish community Greater Washington’s passion for social action!
What’s the history behind Good Deeds Day? Businesswoman and philanthropist Shari Arison conceptualized the idea for Good Deeds Day, and launched it in 2007 by Ruach Tova (“Good Spirit” in Hebrew), the leading organization in the field of volunteering in Israel. Good Deeds Day celebrates the value and importance of giving back to the community we live in.
Thank you to our Good Deeds Day 2018 Partners
Good Deeds Day is produced in partnership with Federation’s Jconnect, the local Jewish Community Centers, Federation partner agencies, congregations and other organizations.
- Agudas Achim Congregation of Northern Virginia
- Aish of Greater Washington
- BBYO-DC Council and Howard County
- Be the Match
- Bender JCCGW
- Berman Hebrew Academy
- Bethesda-Chevy Chase Jewish Community Group
- B’nai Israel Congregation
- B’nai Shalom of Olney
- Capital Camps
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Congregation Adat Reyim
- Congregation Beth El of Montgomery County
- Congregation B’nai Tzedek
- Congregation Har Shalom
- Congregation Har Tzeon-Agudath Achim
- Congregation Olam Tikvah
- Congregation Or Chadash
- Congregation Sha’are Shalom
- DC Minyan
- Edlavitch DCJCC
- Federation’s Ben Gurion Society
- Federation’s Jewish Food Experience
- Federation’s Mitzvah Hoppin’
- Federation’s Mitzvah Mavens
- George Mason Hillel
- Gesher Jewish Day School
- Habonim Dror Camp Moshava
- Israel Forever Foundation
- Israeli American Council
- Israel Scouts
- Jewish Coalition Against Domestic Abuse
- Jewish Community Center of Northern Virginia
- Jewish Community Relations Council
- Jewish Council for the Aging
- Jewish Foundation for Group Homes
- Jewish Historical Society of Greater Washington
- Jewish Social Service Agency
- Jewish War Veterans Post 567 (Leisure World)
- Kehilat Shalom
- Kemp Mill Synagogue
- Kesher Israel Congregation
- Leveling the Playing Field
- Milton Gottesman Jewish Primary Day School of the Nation’s Capital
- Mishkan Torah
- Moishe House Arlington
- Montgomery College
- Ohr Kodesh Congregation
- Oseh Shalom
- PJ Library in Greater Washington
- Project Linus
- Samuel Grompers-Benjamin Franklin Masonic Lodge #45
- Shaare Tefila
- Shaare Torah Congregation
- Tech Cafe
- Temple Beth Ami
- Temple Beth Torah
- Temple Emanuel
- Temple Sinai
- Tikvat Israel Congregation
- Torah School of Greater Washington
- Tzedek DC
- Young Israel Shomrai Emunah
- Young Judaea