Be the GOOD you want to see in the world.
Join the Greater Washington community, along with 930,000 volunteers from around the world, in a day of service on April 10, 2016.
Good Deeds Day Chairs: Toni and Dr. Ron Paul
To join Good Deeds Day 2016 as a partner organization, sponsor or group, please contact Ruth Lamberty at 301-230-7218 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information:
Good Deeds Day is made possible by Drs. Ellen and Stuart Lessans, in loving memory of Sara and Samuel J. Lessans.
Good Deeds Day is an annual celebration of doing good—where all around the world hundreds of thousands volunteer to help others, putting into practice the simple idea that every single person can do something good, be it large or small, to improve the lives of others and change the world. Good Deeds Day was initiated by businesswoman and philanthropist, Shari Arison, and is organized and launched by Ruach Tova, the one-stop shop in Israel for any individual, group or organization wishing to volunteer, and for any person, group or organization requiring aid.
This April, for the fifth year in a row, the Greater Washington community will join Israel and 61 countries from across the globe for this community day of service. Established in 2007, Good Deeds Day celebrates the value and importance of giving back to the community we live in. In our community alone, last year we had 8,000 volunteers who took part in this initiative. This day will offer our entire community a variety of hands-on volunteer projects where they can roll up their sleeves and make an impact.
This year, hundreds of thousands of volunteers from around the world will continue to take part in this community day of service. On April 10th, more than 8,000 locals are expected to join the international Jewish community in making a difference. Whether you want to dance the day away with senior citizens, prepare and serve lunch to the homeless, help unite dogs with their forever homes or even help clean up a local park, a project that interests you awaits. Let’s show the international Jewish community what our Greater Washington community can do.
Good Deeds Day 2016 Partners as of 10/12/15:
Good Deeds Day is produced in partnership with Federation’s Jconnect, the local Jewish Community Centers, Federation partner agencies, congregations and other organizations.
- Agudas Achim
- Anacostia Watershed
- Avodah: The Jewish Service Corps
- Behrend Builders
- Berman Hebrew Academy
- Bethesda Jewish Congregation
- B’nai Israel Family Chavurah
- B’nai Israel Congregation
- B’nai Shalom of Olney
- Charles E. Smith Jewish Day School
- Charles E. Smith Life Communities
- Common Good City Farm
- Congregation Adat Reyim
- Congregation Beth El
- Congregation Beth Emeth
- Congregation B’nai Tzedek
- Congregation Har Shalom
- Congregation Or Chadash
- Congregation Sha’are Shalom
- Cub Scout Pack 263
- Friendship Circle
- George Mason University Hillel
- Gesher Jewish Day School
- Going Places!
- Hebrew Home of Greater Washington
- Interfaith Family DC
- Interfaith Works
- Israel Engagement of The Jewish Federation
- Jewish Coalition Against Domestic Abuse (JCADA)
- JCC of Greater Washington (JCCGW)
- JCC of Northern Virginia (JCCNV)
- Jewish Council for the Aging (JCA)
- Jewish Food Experience
- Jewish Foundation for Group Homes (JFGH)
- Jewish Social Service Agency (JSSA)
- Kehila Chadasha
- Kol Shalom
- Leveling the Playing Field
- Maryland Hillel
- Mishkan Torah
- Montgomery College
- Montgomery Parks
- Nexus of The Jewish Federation
- (The) Network of The Jewish Federation
- NIH Blood Bank
- Ohr Kodesh Congregation
- Ohr Kodesh Early Childhood Center
- PJ Library in Greater Washington
- Shalom Education Center
- Shaare Torah
- Temple Rodef Shalom
- Temple Sinai
- Washington DCJCC
- Washington Jewish Week
- We Are Family
- Women’s Philanthropy of The Jewish Federation
- Young Israel Shomrai Emunah
- Young Leadership of The Jewish Federation