Be the GOOD you want to see in the world.
Registration now closed!
Walk In Sites:
- Washington DCJCC (1529 16th St NW Washington, DC)
9:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Assemble meal and hygiene kits for the vulnerable in our community. Kits will include oatmeal and soup for the hungry as well as dental, first aid, and toiletry items for the homeless.
- JCC of Greater Washington (6125 Montrose Road Rockville, MD)
1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Various projects include making fleece scarves/blankets, sorting toiletry items and preparing food items for those in need.
- Gesher and JCC of Northern Virginia (Gesher Day School, 4800 Mattie Moore Ct Fairfax, VA)
1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Various projects include garden beautification, food preparation and blanket making.
- The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington (6101 Executive Blvd. North Bethesda, MD)
4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Help deliver food packages to Holocaust survivors and low income families in the Greater Washington area.
Already Registered? Click here for site information.
Join the Greater Washington community, along with hundreds of thousands of volunteers from around the world, in a day of service on March 15.
To join Good Deeds Day 2015 as a partner organization, sponsor or group, please contact Ruth Lamberty at 301-230-7218 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information:
Good Deeds Day is produced in partnership with Federation’s Jconnect, the local Jewish Community Centers, Federation partner agencies, congregations and other organizations.
Good Deeds Day is an annual celebration of doing good—where all around the world hundreds of thousands volunteer to help others, putting into practice the simple idea that every single person can do something good, be it large or small, to improve the lives of others and change the world. Good Deeds Day was initiated by businesswoman and philanthropist, Shari Arison, and is organized and launched by Ruach Tova, the one-stop shop in Israel for any individual, group or organization wishing to volunteer, and for any person, group or organization requiring aid.
This March, for the fourth year in a row, the Greater Washington community will join Israel and countries from across the globe for this community day of service. Established in 2007, Good Deeds Day celebrates the value and importance of giving back to the community we live in. In our community alone, last year we had 6,500 volunteers who took part in this initiative. This day will offer our entire community a variety of hands-on volunteer projects where they can roll up their sleeves and make an impact.
This year, hundreds of thousands of volunteers from around the world will continue to take part in this community day of service. On March 15th, 2015, more than 8,000 locals are expected to join the international Jewish community in making a difference. Whether you want to dance the day away with senior citizens, prepare and serve lunch to the homeless, help unite dogs with their forever homes or even help clean up a local park, a project that interests you awaits. Let’s show the international Jewish community what our Greater Washington community can do.
Thank you to the following supporters:
Robert and Lorraine Cohen
Cookie and Tzion Avissar
Drs. Ellen and Stuart Lessans
Good Deeds Day is made possible by Drs. Ellen and Stuart Lessans, in loving memory of Sara and Samuel J. Lessans.
Thank you to all of our Good Deeds Day 2015 partners!
- Adas Israel Congregation
- AEPhi of American University
- Agatha Foundation
- Agudas Achim Congregation
- Berman Hebrew Academy
- Beth Sholom Congregation and Talmud Torah
- Bikur Cholim of Greater Washington
- B’nai Israel Congregation
- Bnai Shalom of Olney and Shaare Tfilah
- Camp Moshava
- Charles E Smith Jewish Day School
- Charles E Smith Life Communities
- Congregation Adat Reym
- Congregation Beth El
- Congregation Beth Emeth
- Congregation B’nai Tzedek
- Congregation Har Shalom
- Congregation Kol Shalom
- Congregation Olam Tikvah
- Congregation Or Chadash
- Congregation Sha’are Shalom
- Friendship Circle
- George Mason University Hillel
- Gesher Jewish Day School
- International Cultural Center
- Hosteling International – Washington, DC
- Israel Forever Foundation
- Jewish Coalition Against Domestic Abuse
- Jewish Community Relations Council of Greater Washington
- JCC of Greater Washington
- JCC of Northern Virginia
- Jewish Social Service Agency
- Jewish Council for the Aging
- Jewish Food Experience
- Jewish Residents of Leisure World
- Jewish Foundation for Group Homes
- Jewish Primary Day School of the Nation’s Capital
- Kehilat Shalom
- Kemp Mill Synagogue
- Leveling the Playing Field
- Mishkan Torah
- Mitzvah Mavens
- Montgomery College
- Montgomery Parks
- Ohev Sholom Talmud Torah Congregation
- Ohr Kodesh Early Childhood Center
- PJ Library in Greater Washington
- Potomac Horse Center
- Shaare Torah
- Shalom Ed. Center
- Temple Beth Ami
- Temple Beth Torah
- Temple B’nai Shalom
- Temple Rodef Shalom
- Tifereth Israel Congregation
- University of Maryland Hillel
- Washington DCJCC
- Young Israel Shomrai Emunah